Tuesday November 18, 2014
There are many reasons why Prescott, AZ has been rated one of the top retirement destinations multiple times. Many of our home owners have chosen to build a new home in this charming town as either their main home, or vacation home, in their retirement years.
- Weather: Prescott boasts a mild, four-season climate bring the unexpected in Arizona... lovely red and orange leaves in the fall and a sprinkling of snow in the winter.
- Picture-Perfect Views: Wake up to stunning mountain and lake views and wind down in the evenings enjoying a picturesque sunset.
- Small Town: Prescott, “Everyone’s Hometown,” offers all of the perks of living in a small town without sacrificing many of the amenities and attractions that you would find in a major metro area. There is less traffic and congestion other Arizona cities. Enjoy fresh air and friendly neighbors, with many museums and weekly events.
- Day-Trips: There are many activities available in Prescott proper, but Arizona offers many attractions and natural wonders that are not to be missed. From Prescott, you be in the Grand Canyon, Sedona, or Phoenix within a couple of hours.
- Safety: Prescott is a very safe place to live, with a much lower crime rate than other places in Arizona.
- Golf: If you are a golfer, you will know that Arizona is known for it’s many golf courses. The weather in Prescott allows golfing nearly year round. There are 8 spectacular golf courses in the Prescott area.
- Outdoor Activities: Prescott offers a multitude of hiking and biking trails around the area lakes and through the mountains. The lakes offer kayaking, fishing and more!
- Events & Activities: There are many museums around Prescott; learn about the pioneer days, western art, and Arizona history. Most weekends there is and event at the Courthouse square in the heart of downtown Prescott, especially during the summer. And, you won’t want to miss the annual lighting of the square at Christmas, or the World’s Oldest Rodeo. [Museum Photo]
Want to make Prescott your retirement destination? See our Prescott & Prescott Valley new home communities.